These words have been used to describe Bart Costello:
Experienced. Passionate. Compassionate. Successful. Focused on justice for you.
Experience Matters. Bart Costello has the following credentials:
- Injury law is all that we do, and all that we have done for thirty years.
- More than 1,500 collisions cases handled in 30 years, including autos, bicycles, pedestrians, wrongful death).
- Tried many cases to large verdicts, often collecting twenty and thirty times the amount offered by an insurance company before the trial.
- Attended, and later taught at the Trial Lawyer’s College founded by Gerry Spence, thought by many to be the greatest trial lawyer of all time (Karen Silkwood case).
- Attended the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
- Extremely successful negotiator. I can tell your story.
- Successful record of jury trials as a Denver Public Defender before opening my own practice.
- Former Director of the Consumer Affairs Division in the Boulder County District Attorney’s office.
- Former Chairperson of the Boulder County Bar Association Medical-Legal Committee which is comprised of attorneys and doctors who work with injured people.
- Former chairperson of the Boulder County Section on Civil Litigation.
- Member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association and the Colorado Bar Association.
- Passionate about the practice of law and how it can help people.
- Profoundly understands what it means to be injured and what needs to be done.
An integral part of knowing how to best handle your motor vehicle injury case is having a deep understanding of the mechanism of injuries, and the medical care for those injuries. I completed a three year course (300 hours) on orthopedic injuries and continue to attend seminars on legal-medical issues. I have had the privilege of being able to observe first hand, several orthopedic surgeries.
Not only have we handled a large number of injury cases, our trial record is superb. We prepare in depth before each trial. We routinely conduct focus groups, mock trials, re-enactments, role reversals, mock jury selections, and more. There is no room to lose.
The impact of injuries on the families
I have seen what collisions and injuries can bring: trauma and pain; financial problems; depression; divorce, drug problems and personal strife.
Let our firm help you and your family collect your life back together. Much of our work is to see that your medical bills are paid, that your wage losses are recovered, and that your vehicle is paid for or repaired. And we help with the many complex issues surrounding wrongful death losses.
The very best outcome for me is seeing a former client who tells me that with their settlement or verdict money they were able to move toward recovering both physically and emotionally. I love hearing that they have paid their bills, bought a house, helped their children through college, or made a wise investment for their later years. In short, they have moved through what they feel was the worst time of their life.
Choose your attorney wisely. Find someone you connect with and with whom you feel secure. And remember, experience does matter.
I get paid out of a percentage I recover for you. No fees unless we collect. We advance costs when we can. Under Colorado Ethics Rules, all injury clients in Colorado are ultimately responsible for the costs of their case, even if there is no recovery.
We handle trucking cases too. And bicycle cases. A paralegal who worked with me for over 25 years was killed on her bike. I still miss her, a lot. I’ve been there.